Terms and conditions
Subject to the terms as indicated below, some of the content, media collateral or similar may be reproduced free of charge for personal use only. No written permission needs to be given from Te Ara Waihiko if the copyright and source of any of the content, design, media collateral or similar are publicly attributed.
None of the Te Ara Waihiko content, design, media collateral, branding or similar may be:
- Distributed or sold commercially
- Altered, modified or adapted in any shape or form
- Used, distributed or adapted in any way that would violate the copyright law of New Zealand governed by the Copyright Act 1994 and subsequent amendments.
The content, media collateral or similar does not apply to:
- Website design elements
- Government or other organisations digital badges, insignia, or logos
These elements will need permission for use and prior consent in writing.
Third-party Copyright and Intellectual Property
Third-party content is owned and bound by New Zealand copyright and intellectual property law. You agree not to do anything with any content or collateral that is owned by any third party that would violate copyright and intellectual property law without their prior written permission. Te Ara Waihiko is not able to grant such permission.
You agree to indemnify Te Ara Waihiko, staff and partners for any costs or loss incurred due to you breaching these terms and conditions.
The content on the Te Ara Waihiko website is updated regularly in order to provide the most current information available.
The Te Ara Waihiko website has been created to assist you to make informed decisions about study pathways and career opportunities. We advise you to include other sources of information in your decision-making process. Such as that of which is available from, but not limited to, the New Zealand Government, tertiary providers and other organisations representing trade, professional and education organisations.
We make every effort to ensure that the content on our website is accurate and reliable with the most up to date information available at the time of publication. However, we cannot accept any liability for the content or exactitude thereof. The use of the Te Ara Waihiko website is entirely at your own risk.
From time to time there may be links in our website content to other relevant websites. Te Ara Waihiko, its staff or partners do not necessarily endorse the content or the websites. Furthermore, we have no control over the content those websites individuals or organisations publish, nor their conduct. We bear no responsibility for the accuracy of their information.
Updates & Changes
Continued use of the Te Ara Waihiko website after any changes or updates automatically demonstrates your consent to those updates or changes.
We further reserve the right to remove, discontinue or temporarily cease any function, service, offering or another related aspect of the Te Ara Waihiko website without prior notice.
You have the option to disable or block these cookies in your browser. If you choose to disable or block cookies in your browser, you understand that some of the features of the Te Ara Waihiko website may not function in their full capabilities.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- Contact information
- Interactions with us
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Register you on our platform and to provide you with information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information or to have it corrected, please contact us at [email protected].
We keep the personal information we hold safe by storing it in encrypted files and only allowing certain staff to access it.
We keep people’s personal information for two years, at which point we securely destroy it by securely erasing all digital copies.
You agree to provide us with current, true and accurate information when registering on our website. You are responsible for keeping your login details and information secure. You agree to not authorise the use and access of your personal information or login details with another party. Te Ara Waihiko reserves the right to disable or suspend access for security reasons if any of these terms and conditions are breached.
Sources & Data
From time to time The Ara Waihiko may provide links, resources and published data about the following information. Including but not limited to:
- Career information
- Salary guides
- New Zealand Census data
- Employment New Zealand data such as published minimum pay rates
- Recruitment data
- Interviews with individuals from industry regulators, employers, tertiary institutions and other training providers
- Published occupational pay scales
- Job opportunity information
- Education and qualifications
- Apprenticeships and internships
We publish this and other relevant information that we feel may be of interest to you. Te Ara Waihiko, its staff or partners do not necessarily endorse the content, data, organisations or their websites. Furthermore, we have no control over the content those websites individuals, companies or organisations publish, nor their conduct. We bear no responsibility for the accuracy of their information.
- I understand that the information I have provided will be used by the Te Ara Waihiko platform in order to provide me with information, support and other related services.
- I understand that Te Ara Waihiko is bound by the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 and will not use this information for any other purpose other than agreed, without my consent.
- I understand that the failure of Te Ara Waihiko to enforce any provision of the Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of any of the provisions.
- I understand I have the right to access and update the information held by Te Ara Waihiko
- I understand that any ambiguities interpreting the provisions in the Terms and Conditions shall not be inferred by Te Ara Waihiko, their staff, partners or drafting party.
- I agree to be contacted by Te Ara Waihiko by but not limited to, email, text messaging, phone and other related communication methods about Te Ara Waihiko activity and related information.
Te Ara Waihko values your feedback, comments and suggestions. Please contact us to know more about the information on our website.